Stickin’ with the blueberry theme, adding a bit of brown sugar, and throwing it all on a cookie sheet… Mmmmm. Yep, you have Brown Sugar and Blueberry cookies! I shall repeat: cooookies. :) Sweet, rich and cakey cookies and dotted with blueberries can only be delectably good right? Yep, quite right!
Brown Sugar Blueberry Cookies
- 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen will work fine)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In an electric mixer beat butter and sugar together until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and combine. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and mix on low speed until dough starts to come together. Add the milk until dough is no longer crumbly. Add more milk if needed. Fold in blueberries gently with wooden spoon and then refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge and scoop and roll about 1-1/2 inch balls onto a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Beat butter and sugar in your stand mixer until smooth and then add the eggs and vanilla and combine well…
like this. Mix in the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
When the dry ingredients have been combined the dough will start to come together but will be slightly crumbly. Now add the milk until it comes together. You may need to add more milk than what is written in the ingredient list.
Fold in the blueberries gently with a wooden spoon. After about 30 minutes of refrigeration start making your cookies. Scoop and roll about 1-1/2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with nonstick aluminum foil.
Bake your cookies at 375° for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on wire racks. Tip: To keep the bottoms from browning use two cookie sheets and line with aluminum foil, put them upside down on the lowest rack with foil facing the bottom heating element.
So moist and cakey with bursts of blueberry goodness!